Does Shaving Makes Beard Grow Faster? Myths or Facts.
The answer is “No”, shaving does not make your beard grow faster or thicker, in fact this is a myth that has been proven wrong in the 1928 clinical trial.
When you shave your beard, you cut down all hair follicles to one length, and when it grows back, it appears thicker and darker because the roots of your hair are usually thicker and darker. Hence, a freshly shaved face will create an illusion that it is thicker or looks like a thick stubble, but in fact, it’s just the rougher and thicker roots coming through. This may give the illusion that it is thicker, but it is not.
Looking at these misconceptions, we may honestly conclude that shaving does not encourage hair growth, either way, there is no connection between shaving and growing thicker beards. So now we have it, the matter is resolved, and now you can forget to throw away all the time spent shaving to grow your beard.
Your genetics plays a key role in the growth of your facial hairs. Sometimes external hormones, like testosterone or other anabolic steroids, might help to make people grow thicker beards than they otherwise would.
To grow a healthy beard try grooming your beard regularly, wash your face, using facial moisturizer, and avoid touching your face are few simple things you can do to improve the growth of your facial hair.
How to grow a healthy beard?
Though beard growth depends heavily on your genetics, here are some tips you can apply to improve facial hair growth.
- Wash your face: Dirt and germs may build up on your beard and irritate your skin, so wash your face and beard with a gentle cleanser every day to make it look healthier and to make it grow.
- Moisturize: Apply a moisturizer Immediately after washing or shaving to prevent your skin from drying. It is highly recommended to use an SPF 30 or higher moisturizer to protect your skin from ultraviolet rays.
- Don’t touch your face: Avoid touching and scratching your beard to prevent spreading the dirt and germs from your hands.
- Grooming: Exfoliating your beard region once a week to extract dead cells from your face can help promote the development of new hair. Using moisturizers and remembering to cleanse the beard can help it appear clean and thicker. Try to keep your skin as clean as possible every day, rinsing with warm water and gentle soap at least every morning and evening. Clean facial skin stimulates small hair to grow. Some individuals also dye their beard to give it a thicker appearance.
- Balanced diet and exercise: Adequate nutrition, reasonable stress levels, and daily normal exercise make your body healthy and also make your beard healthy and grow as well.
- Supplements and medications: Using products like topical or oral minoxidil or Rogaine may help you to reactivates hair follicles to stimulate regrowth. Some people may take the supplements like biotin also, biotin is believed to improve the development of hair and nails. Taking vitamin like B3, B7, B12, A, C and E may help promote facial hair growth.
How long does it take to grow a beard?
It differs people to people as some grow full beards faster than others. Facial hair can grow at a rate of half an inch per month. it can take up to two to four months to grow a full beard.
You may not be able to grow a beard instantaneously, but certain practices can help stimulate hair growth. Depending on how much it bothers you, there is such a thing as called Beard transplant, in beard transplant procedure they literally take hairs from the back of your scalp and place them in your beard area.
You don’t have to undergo a beard transplant unless you find your facial hair to be a major cosmetic concern. Insider’s takeaway One of the biggest factors for beard growth is genetics, but testosterone levels, diet, exercise, and stress levels can also influence it.
If someone is trying to grow beard, patience and genetics need to be on their side. Some people were born to grow thick beards and others were born to grow thinner beards or none at all.
Shaving doesn’t help your beard to grow quicker, fuller and darker, but you can stimulate beard growth by maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Balanced diet and moderate exercise benefit your facial hairs as well as your body. Rogaine may stimulate hair follicles to help get rid of a patchy beard, or it can help to grow a thicker beard. Grooming is the key factor to improve your facial hair growth. Exfoliating your beard region once a week to extract dead cells from your face can help promote new hair. Clean facial skin stimulates small hair to grow.